Better information makes for healthier horses,
Horseadvice.com is where equine science and horse sense intersect.

Discussion on Rubbing on fence posts

Use the navigation bar above to access articles and more discussions on this topic.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kate T
Username: ktrezise

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, Aug 3, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a woodchip arena in the field where my two pony mares graze, enclosed with wooden posts. One mare keeps rubbing on the posts, and they are constantly coming loose. The landowner won't let us set them in concrete, and it's not practicable to electrify each one individually (and I don't want electric fencing where I am riding). Any helpful ideas please?

Holly Wood
Username: hwood

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Friday, Aug 3, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, Kate, I understand not wanting electric on when you are riding, but how about investing in some electric tape and a solar charger and just have it on when you aren't riding? I used to have Horse Guard fencing around my arena. I sometimes used it for turnout and hooked up the top tape to the charger at that time. The rest of the time, it wasn't hooked up . . . but the horses were careful of it.

Kate T
Username: ktrezise

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, Aug 5, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Holly. I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I think having it on for a few days would probably be enough to deter her for a while!
Post a Message to this Discussion
Posting
Instructions:
Full Service Members may post to this discussion and should address the orignial poster's concerns or other information posted here. New questions about your horse should be started in a new discussion. Use the navigation bar at the top of this page to return to the parent article and review the article and existing discussions. If your question remains unanswered "Start a New Discussion", the link is under the list of discussions at the bottom of the article.
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username:
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Home Page | Todays Discussions | Search | Top of Page Administration
  http://www.horseadvice.com
is The Horseman's Advisor
Helping Thousands of Equestrians, Farriers, and Veterinarians Every Day
All rights reserved, © 2014
Horseadvice.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Horse Training in Stokesdale NC