Better information makes for healthier horses,
Horseadvice.com is where equine science and horse sense intersect.

Discussion on White patches on dark colored horses

Use the navigation bar above to access articles and more discussions on this topic.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lori Moskowitz
Username: Lrmosk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, Sep 29, 2004 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have two horses. One a chestnut quarter horse, the other a bay thorobred. They have developed pretty large areas of white hair in a couple of spots.None of the areas are where the saddle sits. Should I be concerned? Can I give them some kind of supplement or something to stop this?
thanks,

Alden Chamberlain
Username: Alden

Post Number: 124
Posted on Wednesday, Sep 29, 2004 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lori,

How large?

I have two (sorrel and bay) that have a grey sire and great sire. They both have some roaning, and one has a couple of dime size white spots now.

But then the two greys red spots, lots of them! At least the dun is dun, well, she has black strips on the back of her ears! Go figure!

Unless Dr.O say there could be medical reasons I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Good day,
Alden

Robert N. Oglesby DVM
Username: Dro

Post Number: 11278
Posted on Thursday, Sep 30, 2004 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I too would like a bit more description on these white areas, how large, how white, any other condition or relevant history in these horses.
DrO

tann
Username: tann

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a chestnut quarter horse that has a few white hairs on his nose from a bosal rubbing him. I know this means it has damaged the hair. Does any one know of a dye or product that I can buy to put on the hair to make it chestnut color? He was this way when I bought him.
Post a Message to this Discussion
Posting
Instructions:
Full Service Members may post to this discussion and should address the orignial poster's concerns or other information posted here. New questions about your horse should be started in a new discussion. Use the navigation bar at the top of this page to return to the parent article and review the article and existing discussions. If your question remains unanswered "Start a New Discussion", the link is under the list of discussions at the bottom of the article.
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username:
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Home Page | Todays Discussions | Search | Top of Page Administration
  http://www.horseadvice.com
is The Horseman's Advisor
Helping Thousands of Equestrians, Farriers, and Veterinarians Every Day
All rights reserved, © 2013
Horseadvice.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Horse Training in Stokesdale NC