Better information makes for healthier horses,
Horseadvice.com is where equine science and horse sense intersect.

Discussion on Hott Wash bathing unit - anyone use this?

Use the navigation bar above to access articles and more discussions on this topic.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KatR
Username: kathrynr

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, Mar 4, 2009 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,
Would anyone own the Hott Wash water heating unit for bathing and if so does it work well?
Kat

elk
Username: ekaufman

Post Number: 851
Posted on Wednesday, Mar 4, 2009 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I gagged over the price on those things and bought myself a Coleman Hot Water on Demand Unit with a garden hose adapter. It was cheaper (I see they're over $200 now), ran on propane, is very portable, and gets unlimited amounts of water as hot as you want very fast. I love my Coleman. It uses those weenie cans of Coleman Propane and they last a looong time.

Erika L
Username: erika

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Wednesday, Mar 4, 2009 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I installed a small regular water heater with a mixer to mix hot and cold in the hose. About the same price and gives me more hot water than I need.
The only reason I could see for the portable is on the road, or at a boarding situation where the owner doesn't have hot water--but then they probably wouldn't be too thrilled about the electricity to heat yours, either...

KatR
Username: kathrynr

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, Mar 5, 2009 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the ideas, I will look into both of these options. The price tag on the Hott Wash was a bit steep!

Shannon
Username: stek

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, Mar 5, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kat, you can pick up a submersible water heater for under $50 that will heat up a 5 gallon bucket very quickly, only downside is that you can only sponge rather than hose. They do work great though.

Here's a link to one sellers site:

http://millerharness.com/product.asp?pn=X4-4758&sid=nextag&CATALOG_CODE=DX811&EI D=X4811001&zmam=1460880&zmas=3&zmac=38&zmap=X4-4758&bhcd2=1236267707
Post a Message to this Discussion
Posting
Instructions:
Full Service Members may post to this discussion and should address the orignial poster's concerns or other information posted here. New questions about your horse should be started in a new discussion. Use the navigation bar at the top of this page to return to the parent article and review the article and existing discussions. If your question remains unanswered "Start a New Discussion", the link is under the list of discussions at the bottom of the article.
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username:
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Home Page | Todays Discussions | Search | Top of Page Administration
  http://www.horseadvice.com
is The Horseman's Advisor
Helping Thousands of Equestrians, Farriers, and Veterinarians Every Day
All rights reserved, © 2014
Horseadvice.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Horse Training in Stokesdale NC