Better information makes for healthier horses,
Horseadvice.com is where equine science and horse sense intersect.

Discussion on Shoulder injury

Use the navigation bar above to access articles and more discussions on this topic.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Ammerman
Username: Maryg

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, Aug 11, 2005 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a twelve year old half arabian mare. She is a National showhorse. Last march when she was be brought in from the pasture she fell. When she stood up she limped. She has limped ever since with the shoulder bone protruding with every step. Since then there has been no improvement. She doesn't seem to be in pain and can run quite well for a short distance. I have been told this is a shoulder sweeny and may never get better. One vet suggested an operation another said it could get better in eighteen months. I want to no what I can do to help the healing process if there is one.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert N. Oglesby DVM
Username: Dro

Post Number: 13517
Posted on Friday, Aug 12, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dan you have a condition called Sweeny which is paralysis of a nerve we have an article that discusses the pros and cons of various treatments, see Equine Diseases » Nervous System » Neurological Conditions Not Covered Above » Shoulder Sweeny.
DrO
Post a Message to this Discussion
Posting
Instructions:
Full Service Members may post to this discussion and should address the orignial poster's concerns or other information posted here. New questions about your horse should be started in a new discussion. Use the navigation bar at the top of this page to return to the parent article and review the article and existing discussions. If your question remains unanswered "Start a New Discussion", the link is under the list of discussions at the bottom of the article.
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username:
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Home Page | Todays Discussions | Search | Top of Page Administration
  http://www.horseadvice.com
is The Horseman's Advisor
Helping Thousands of Equestrians, Farriers, and Veterinarians Every Day
All rights reserved, © 2013
Horseadvice.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Horse Training in Stokesdale NC