Better information makes for healthier horses,
Horseadvice.com is where equine science and horse sense intersect.

Discussion on Radiograph , X-ray costs

Use the navigation bar above to access articles and more discussions on this topic.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kthorse
Username: Kthorse

Post Number: 648
Posted on Tuesday, Aug 29, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was just wondering what the costs are approx. for front leg and or hoof x-rays. Just need an idea of how much to save should I need them. My horse's who was lame and who stands knees bowed sometimes is getting better but If he does not show more improvement in the next few weeks I would like x-rays or radiographs done and was just wondering roughly what I need money wise Thanks in advance
Katrina

Sara Wolff
Username: Mrose

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Tuesday, Aug 29, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You would need to call your local vet clinic and ask. It varies widely from area to area. They are quite inexpensive where I live, about $25 for one or two views; but, were $100 or more where I lived in California.

Robert N. Oglesby DVM
Username: Dro

Post Number: 16499
Posted on Wednesday, Aug 30, 2006 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We charge $90 for the first 2 views and then $20 for each additional view. The $90 covers the work of set up, getting the processor up and running, and the exam of the images and recording of the results. As Sara observes there is a lot of variation but I don't know how anyone could take 2 views for 25$ and remain in business.
DrO
Post a Message to this Discussion
Posting
Instructions:
Full Service Members may post to this discussion and should address the orignial poster's concerns or other information posted here. New questions about your horse should be started in a new discussion. Use the navigation bar at the top of this page to return to the parent article and review the article and existing discussions. If your question remains unanswered "Start a New Discussion", the link is under the list of discussions at the bottom of the article.
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username:
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Home Page | Todays Discussions | Search | Top of Page Administration
  http://www.horseadvice.com
is The Horseman's Advisor
Helping Thousands of Equestrians, Farriers, and Veterinarians Every Day
All rights reserved, © 1997 - 2016
Horseadvice.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Horse Training in Stokesdale NC